Graffiti Art



To make our graffiti we used tempera paint on blue paper and pastels and chalks on the driveway and garage floor.
I pretty much let the kids go to town on this one thinking to let them paint whatever they want and to be allowed to unleash whatever is inside would be fun. That's a bit of what graffiti is right?  It took a bit of time and coaxing for some to be comfortable with that much artistic freedom.  I think if I were to do it again I might have some specific things planned for painting or a paint by number type thing as an option for the kids who just didn't know where to start or for the kids who needed an area of focus.
I did show the kids some pictures of cool graffiti for inspiration which was good because I found out the kids had never heard of it or seen it before- oh Suburbia ;-). 
Here's some pictures of the kids' work:





























No comments:

Post a Comment